Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving thanks...

It is a shame we only focus on giving thanks once per year.

Regardless, it was a wonderful day. Drove 3 hours talking with my wife about so many topics. We don't normally get that much dedicated time to talk so I think we both kind of look forward to the drive time.

We arrive at my mother's house to be greeted by the warmth of the oven and a smell that just makes the stress melt away. My mouth starts to water and I can't wait to dig into all the delicious offerings. Others have not yet arrived but will soon.

I'll spare you all the food preparation details but over dinner with my parents, Jenn's parents, and my sister and her family all chowing down we get to share stories and swap humorous events of our lives. There is always some political discussion but we try to keep it light. We talk about the kids, how they are doing in school and other challenges they present, as well as those precious moments we love to share. In between they might just create new ones...

After we admit we have all eaten too much we eat desert...lol...then we settle down for a nap, er at least we used to but with 5 kids running around that doesn't happen.

After a few hours of food and conversation, just about the time the kids start to melt down, we pack them into the van and head out for the 3 hour return trip. Another chance to speak with my wife, discussing and debating many topics including what work I am going to do around the house tomorrow (which is now today).

Therefore, I need to wrap this up so I can go address my honey do list.

The Lord has blessed me greatly and while I would love to have more stuff (like a Dodge Charger) I recognize all that he has provided and am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment